A journal of my journey to Boston

On January 2, 2011, Tyler and I moved to the beautiful city of Boston. This journal chronicles our experiences during this adventure.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Night before the move

Tomorrow, I move to a city that I have never even visited before. I am a mix of emotions right now. Obviously, I am excited to move to Boston. It is a dream come true for Tyler and I to have the opportunity to move to a big city with such great history and culture. On the other hand, I am also feeling a bit intimidated by the idea of meeting new people. With Harvard, MIT, and 3 other prominent universities all within the city, I feel like it will be hard to compete. I suppose that I need to approach the situation with a more humble attitude. I can learn a lot from the people and culture of the Northeast, but only if I am open to accepting the knowledge available. I am so excited for the growth and changes that I will go through as we move to Boston.

Stay tuned and I will tell you all about it!

5 comments:

  1. Erin and Tyler!!!

    Be not afraid, dear friends. :) It will be scary. It will be hard. And it will be so, so, SOOOO wonderfully amazing! You are both loved...and all of your friends and family will be holding you in our hearts as you transition into your new lives. Having moved many times myself, my one piece of advice I can share with all sincerity is: don't make any drastic decisions in the first year! Give it one year. And I swear...on Day 366, all of a sudden, you'll look around you and realized: "Wow! What a great life we have. Look how settled and happy we are in our new home, in Boston. And look at all of the incredible new friends we've surrounded ourselves with. And look how many awesome things we still have to do here!"

    I'm so happy for you both. And so excited to hear about your journey!

    Merry (belated) Christmas! Happy, Happy New Year!!!

    And much love...
    Rach :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Dear Rachel,
    Your encouragement warms our hearts to the core. Your advice makes me feel at peace. Love you dearly and cannot wait to make a trip to come and see you in the near future!

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although I think you two will definitely be able to successfully compete in Boston, I wouldn't look at it as competing: instead, like Rachel said, you have all these other world-class people around you to learn and grow from.

    Eat a clam chowder for me!
    ~Cory

    ReplyDelete
  4. We want posts! We want posts!

    Miss you guys, fill us in on Boston life!!!

    ReplyDelete